Thermostat Repair and Replacement in Asheville and Waynesville
The best heating and AC equipment in the world would be useless without a thermostat to control it. Best thought of as the brains of your HVAC system, the thermostat tells your system when to turn on and off. But today’s thermostats go far beyond a simple on-off switch. Modern ones provide not only system control but also automatic programming, system alerts, and customizable displays. Because they offer hassle-free comfort and pinpoint control, installing a high-quality, modern thermostat is often one of the smartest decisions a homeowner can make.
When it comes to thermostat service in Asheville, it’s hard to beat the HVAC experts at Mike's Heating & Cooling. From simple thermostats to ones with all the bells and whistles, we know how to quickly repair and install them. When we replace an older thermostat, we take the time to illustrate the new features and take the steps necessary to optimize its functionality. For models that support it, we also help set up technology to function with things like your wi-fi, cell phone, and smart speakers. Because we know your smile is key to our business, we take numerous steps to ensure your total satisfaction.
Call (828) 665-4343
to schedule thermostat repair or installation in Hendersonville or Asheville.
Types of Thermostats We Install in Asheville
Older thermostats don’t provide homeowners with the flexibility and energy savings they’ve come to expect. Smart thermostats, on the other hand, offer complete environmental control, even when you’re away. If you’re ready to upgrade, Mike's Heating & Cooling is here to help. Below are a few types of thermostats we install in the Waynesville and Asheville area:
- Programmable Thermostats: These thermostats can be set to various temperatures throughout the day. If you work 9-to-5, it can raise the temperature of your home to limit AC use, accordingly. For sleeping, the heat can be set to automatically turn down to promote better, deeper rest. With their wider feature availability, these units have almost completely replaced setback thermostats.
- Non-Programmable Thermostats: If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of programming your thermostat, we have a number of simpler options to choose from. These allow for simple button control while still providing the comfort you’ve come to expect.
- Wi-Fi Thermostats: Wi-Fi thermostats can be synced up to your phone via your home’s Internet connection. This allows you to update your home’s temperature anywhere in the world while also enabling easy, intuitive programming. We have both Android- and Apple-compatible models available.
- Smart Thermostats: Smart thermostats integrate with other home automation tools, like smart speakers, to take the hassle out of comfort. They can recognize your lifestyle patterns and adjust your home’s temperature to match. These units are best suited to tech-savvy households looking to cut energy costs.
- Easy-to-See Thermostats: Easy-to-see thermostats are the best idea in thermostats and few people know about them! They work the same as a standard thermostat and are as easy to use. An easy-to-see thermostat has very large raised numbers that people with impaired vision can easily read. An audible click sounds at each degree mark as you adjust the temperature by turning the dial. An optional large clear dial cover is available to assist those who are hindered by arthritis.
Why Smart Homeowners Install Digital Thermostats
Modern thermostats offer a number of advantages over conventional ones. Here are a few reasons you might want to call for a quote on thermostat replacement:
- Lower Costs: Life in Asheville can be costly. The digital thermostats we install use pre-programmed settings to limit energy expenditure and maximize savings. This means more money in your pocket for things you like and enjoy. You can also reduce heating and AC while you’re away, conserving energy while on business trips or vacations.
- Precision Control: The use of electronic controls allows modern thermostats to more precisely meet your temperature needs. These systems can also quickly alert you if there’s a problem in your HVAC system, ensuring you don’t let a small issue balloon out of control. This allows you to call your Asheville HVAC contractor before your only option is a full AC replacement.
- Convenience: There’s no running back and forth to adjust the temperature with smart thermostats. Just program them once and you’ll be good to go. Many adjustments can be made right from your recliner. For another kind of HVAC convenience, click here to learn more about our ac maintenance programs.
We Provide a Full Suite of Thermostat Services in Asheville
If you’re experiencing issues with your heating or AC, a faulty thermostat could be to blame. Loose wiring or deteriorated parts are common sources of thermostat failure. Our Asheville HVAC experts can quickly pinpoint the issue and get it working again. We repair all types and brands of thermostats.
If you’re ready to kiss that ugly old thermostat goodbye, call Mike's Heating & Cooling for thermostat replacement in Asheville. Our technician will walk you through the different options to find the perfect fit. We’ll then remove the old thermostat and wire up the new one. Before leaving, we’ll perform numerous tests to ensure your HVAC system operates as expected.
Do you have a new home in need of a thermostat? Then, you’ll need an expert. While thermostats seem simple, they need to be precisely placed and calibrated. If installed in an area that’s too sunny, for instance, it will always think your home is hotter than it is. To get expert thermostat installation in Asheville, call (828) 665-4343.
What to Check Before Calling for Thermostat Repair in Asheville
If your thermostat isn’t working right, you might be wondering what to do next. Before you give (828) 665-4343 a jingle and tell us,"My thermostat isn't working, what should I do?" Here are a few things you should look into:
- Have you set your thermostat correctly? You’d be surprised how often we show up to a home and the fix is just a simple change of the selector switch from ‘heat’ to ‘cool’. Verify that your desired temperature is set correctly and that your unit isn’t trying to heat your home in the middle of August.
- Are you having power issues? If the digits being displayed aren’t showing properly or the text is dim, it can be a sign your unit isn’t receiving adequate power. To see if this is the problem, try replacing the thermostat’s battery.
- Is there a mounting issue? On an older thermostat that isn’t digital, if the readings are faulty, check that the unit hasn’t come loose from the wall. Use a level to see if it’s crooked or out of place. Try tightening the anchoring screws if you spot a problem.
- Is your thermostat improperly placed? Your unit will struggle to get a proper reading if it’s placed next to heat or cold sources like a vent, stove, window, or register. Try removing the source of temperature fluctuation and seeing if readings improve. If so, you’ll want to call us to move it to a more optimal location. It is also important to have your thermostat located in a room that has an outside wall so it responds quicker to changes of the outdoor temperature.
Leave Your Home’s Thermostat Service in Asheville to the Experts
Whether you want to install a digital thermostat or need your existing one repaired, reach out to the HVAC experts at Mike's Heating & Cooling. We have been serving the Asheville and Waynesville area for over 33 years. During that time, we’ve developed a keen understanding of customer satisfaction and the importance of putting your comfort needs first. In addition to thermostat installation and repair, we also provide a wide array of heating and AC services.
If you’re ready to be comfortable again, we invite you to reach out to us at (828) 665-4343. We'd love to have you be the next person on our list of 5-star reviews.